Invitation to Bid for Health Insurance Services
Time & Location
About The Event
The Romanian Cultural Institute in New York (the contracting authority) is seeking to award a contract for health insurance services and invites potential bidders to enroll in the bidding process. Upon verifications of qualifications (phase 1), the contract will be awarded by competitive bidding procedure (phase 2) based on the bidder’s qualifications and the most competitive offer.
1. Object of the contract. The object of the contract is 3 packages of comprehensive health insurance services for 11 employees and dependents, as follows: employee only package – 4 plans; employee + spouse package – 2 plans; employee + child (ren) package – 1 plan.
2. Procedure. The contract will be awarded by competitive bidding procedure. The procurement procedure will unfold in two stages:
a. Stage 1: Request of qualifications. In the first stage, the prospective bidders must demonstrate that they possess the qualification to provide health insurance services (see below for details). They will send the relevant documents by post to The Romanian Cultural Institute in New York, 200 East 38th Street, New York, NY 10016, or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
b. Stage 2: Competitive bidding procedure. In the second stage, the successful candidates will be sent detailed specifications of the health insurance package the Romanian Cultural Institute seeks to acquire and be invited to submit detailed offers than can meet the respective specifications at competitive prices.
3. Value of the contract. The estimated value of the contract is $ 65.000 a year, excluding taxes.
4. Contract duration. The contract duration is 12 months (with optional yearly renewal).
5. Application deadline. The applicants must send the documents attesting to their qualifications as health insurance providers (Phase 1) to the Romanian Cultural Institute in New York by 6 p.m. on 10/30/2020. Please note that the applications submitted after this date will not be considered.
The deadline of the submission of the offers (Phase 2) will be announced shortly after the completion of the verifications of the qualifications.
6. Language. The languages of the tender process is English or Romanian.
7. Requests of Qualifications. In order to be invited to submit an offer the bidders must demonstrate, before the actual bidding process proceeds, that:
7.1. They are a well-established company operating in full capacity according to the American law. Documents to attest this requirement: reports, registration, attestation, proof of affiliation to health insurers associations in the United States;
7.2. They have a solid financial situation, attested by bank statements, financial reports, financial statements or similar documents.
7.3. They have the technical and professional capacity to provide complex health insurance packages. This can be proven by: reports, reference to contracts executed in the past; list of health insurance contracts during a period covering the last 5 years; certificates of good performance; organizational charts that describe the structure of staff and management personnel in the last 3 years. The bidders must also specify which part or parts, in any, of the contract they intend to subcontract.
The selection of applicants in Stage 1 of the procedure shall be made by the exclusive use of the above qualification and selection criteria. In Stage 2, the offer will be judged according to merit and price. The contract will be awarded to the lowest price bidder.
8. Contact. All requests to participate in the first phase of the procurement procedure must be sent
by post: Romanian Cultural Institute in New York, 200 East 38th Street, New York, NY 10016
or by email: email@example.com